Hi! I’m Lexie
I'm a former therapist turned Life Coach & Speaker. I created my own life coaching business because as a therapist, I struggled with the limitations (and lack of control) I had within the field.
Although, I loved using traditional helpful tools like Cognitive Behavioral Therapy to help my clients heal from traumatic events - I knew how powerful and helpful it would be to help my clients overcome their trauma by using modalities like Reiki, Sound Healings, and Astrology to help my clients understand how their energy works and how to protect it.
I started working as a life coach part time in 2013. I had completed my Masters program and after having success working with a few clients; In 2017, I reached out to a spiritual business coach to help me create systems to legitimize my business. Instead, my coach introduced me to network marketing and I joined her organization based on the notion that I would be able to find success in that field. However; I learned over time that most people do not find success in that industry no matter how committed they are.
In 2020, I left the company and refocused on my coaching business. I aligned myself with a new coach who helped me to get clear on my purpose AND showed me how to really run a successful business.
Working with her helped me to realize that many women struggle with being manipulated by people into doing things that are not for their highest good - simply because they can't recognize when they are being manipulated. This is even more common if you come from a family where emotional abuse and toxic practices were normalized - making it harder to spot manipulative tactics as an adult.
For this reason, I decided to use my own experiences + my degree to help my clients learn how to protect their energy, know the signs when they are being manipulated, and learn how to trust themselves again so they do not find become distracted from their purpose to fulfill the agenda of someone else.
I believe that every person is here to fulfill a purpose - big or small but some people can get in the way of that. They cause you to doubt yourself, lose trust in your intuition, and distract you from doing what you're here to do. Sometimes, those people are our parents, our church, our upline, our spouse, our children, our bosses, our society, our friends, our leaders, etc.
And if we don't practice boundaries or know how to spot toxic behaviors; we may create unhealthy thought patterns that cause us to lose trust in our talents and lose sight of our purpose simply because we are allowing ourselves to be surrounded by unhealthy people.
My passion is to help you come back to your intuition. To show you how to protect your energy, how to understand your purpose, how to keep your eyes on the prize, how to stand up for yourself, and how to heal from trauma caused by the unhealthy relationships in your life.
Now, that we got all the "serious" stuff out the way - let's chat about the fun stuff!
- I have a 19 year old cat who've I had since I was 15 years old!
- Growing up, I played the flute, oboe and clarinet
- I was homeschooled
- HOWEVER; I was in a homeschool association (with over 100 kids in it) and was the President of our Yearbook, Editor of our Monthly Newsletter, on the Mock Trial Team, and President of our Theater team. I was DEFINITELY an overachiever lol hahaha
- Which is probably why you won't be shocked that I'm a Capricorn Stellium (meaning I have a LOT of Capricorn in my chart). I am a Leo Moon, which helps me to not be boring with all that Capricorn! lol haha
- I started my first business at 9 years old - I sold candy at the park. I had a table, signs, biz hours, and even offered discounts on holidays. lol
- I started an after school care program at 15 years old for low income families to help single parents with low cost childcare and education.
- I have a Masters in Human Services in Marriage & Family Therapy
- I'm technically an ordained pastor and can wed couples! So if you're looking to get married - let me know! lol haha
- My all time favorite TV Show is The Office
- I attended acting school at Second City in Chicago; the same acting school that Steve Carell, Tina Fey, and Chris Farley went to. #TheaterLife #ImprovLife
- New York City is home to me; but I've traveled to (or lived in) Florida, Tennessee, Georgia, California, Virginia, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Virginia, DC, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Missouri, Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin, Kansas, Texas, Oklahoma, The Bahamas, and Puerto Rico. I traveled a LOT as a kid and I can't wait to travel some more!
- Also, I'm OBSESSED with all things Disney or Twilight. lol haha #DontJudgeMe They raise my vibes!
Learn how to set boundaries with toxic people
Learn how to set healthy boundaries + how to protect your energy + how to say "no" to people who try to take advantage of you with my free masterclass!